World of Wallpaper fully complies with the obligations required of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and current consumer legislation.
Information You Provide To Us
You will provide some or all of the following information to us when you purchase goods from our website, register a customer account with us, contact us, or sign up for newsletters and other marketing activities:
• Your Identity and Contact Details -includes your name, email address, home postal address/billing address, delivery address (if different), and your contact telephone number
• Your Payment Details – your bank details and payment card details, however your payment transactions will be encrypted by the acquiring bank so we will not retain any payment card details submitted by you;
What We Use Your Personal Data For
Data protection law in the UK allows us to collect, use, store and transfer personal information if we have one or more of the following purposes for doing so:
• To fulfill a contract with you; or
• Where necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
• Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests); or
• For other reasons where you have expressly consented to those purposes.
Below are the ways we will use your personal data to fulfil your contract and/or for our legitimate interests:
• Processing your order, including taking payment, supplying products and any after sales services such as cancellations and returns
• Identify verification and credit checking
• Keeping you updated on the progress of your order, we will usually communicate with you about your order by email, but we or our couriers may also contact you by phone
• Where you have registered with us, processing and administering your account;
• Processing information required for competition, promotion or survey entries by you;
• Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service if you choose to do so
• Analysing sales to help us understand and improve our business
• Administration, analysis and assessment of our website and its performance, to understand and develop our business and for the improvement and optimisation of our website
• As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
We need your consent for direct marketing communications. If you have expressly given your consent to receive direct marketing from us we may use the information you have given us for:
• Delivering direct marketing, advertising and updates from us to you, such as telling you about forthcoming events, products, services and offers and updates and information about us
• Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others
• Making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them
At any time you can opt out of direct marketing.
Opting Out Of Marketing And Preference Updates
If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing and updates from us you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link in the footer of the email. Alternatively you can contact customers services on 0800 0149954 or email [email protected]. If you are a registered online customer you can also opt out and amend your preference settings within your login profile under “My Account”.
Security Of Your Personal Data
Our website has appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We will keep your data for as long as you are a customer and thereafter we may keep it for longer in order to respond to any questions or complaints and to maintain necessary records to satisfy legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We may also keep your data for research or statistical purposes.
If you have any questions or require any more information please contact us at [email protected]